Sunday Artists Show Entry Info
The Salmon River Fine Arts Center is pleased to offer non-professional artists an opportunity to enter artworks in our annual Sunday Artists Show and Competition to be held at the Salmon River Fine Arts Center. This is a great opportunity to present your work for competition and for display in our gallery. Below are some guidelines regarding the types of artworks we will accept.
ARTWORKS: Each artist is allowed to enter up to three artworks; all works to be hung must be framed and ready to hang. Below are some guidelines regarding the types of artworks we will accept.
- AQUA MEDIA: Acrylic, gouache, egg tempera, watercolor.
- CERAMICS: Handbuilt or wheel thrown, utilitarian object made from clay and kiln-fired (high or low fired) or air dried, glazed or unglazed. Ceramics made from commercial molds or greenware are NOT permitted.
- DECORATIVE ARTS: Original work in fiber or fabrics totally designed and created by the artist using man made or natural fibers, including batik, weaving, stitchery, rug hooking, quilting, and basketry.
- GRAPHICS: Original drawings rendered in charcoal, crayon, pastel, pencil, alcohol ink, pen & ink, or any mixed media.
- JEWELRY & METALSMITHING & STAINED GLASS: Entries such as pendants, rings, boxes, or design pieces originally designed & created by the artist. Objects may be in any suitable material or combination of these. Commercially cut shapes should not be utilized as a basis for individual work.
- OIL: Work may be canvas, canvas board, paper, masonite or any flat surface.
- PHOTOGRAPHY: Color or black & white prints.
- PRINT MAKING: Entries may be any form of creative prints. The original plate or stencil must be designed and created by the artist.
- SCULPTURE: Work in round or relief modeled (3D) carved, cast or assembled, and created by artist: clay, wire, fiber, metal, plastic, stone, wood, or mixed media.
JUDGING: Works will be judged on originality, creativity, and use of particular medium. All work is selected, hung and awarded prizes at the discretion of the judges and gallery committee. All decisions are FINAL. Judges names will be announced.
ELIGIBILITY: Part time non-professional artists 18 years of age and older are eligible. You DO NOT have to be a member of the Salmon River Fine Arts Center. Artwork may not have been shown in any of our past Sunday Artists Shows.
ENTRY PROCEDURE: All entries must be original works and will be framed and/or ready to display. Each entry must have an entry form attached, completely filled out. Artwork must be delivered to the Salmon River Fine Arts Center on the date(s) announced for submission. The date(s) will be announced in various ways: email, website, prospectus.
ENTRY FEES: Each artist is allowed to enter up to three artworks.
- MEMBERS: $5 per entry.
- NON-MEMBERS: $10 per entry; $25 for 3 entries.
SALES: The Salmon River Fine Arts Center Gallery will handle sales for those participants wishing to sell their entries. For us to do so, you must have a tax number on file. There is a 30% donation to the Fine Arts Center for all sales. You may wish to add this amount to the price of your art.
Please refer any inquiries to the answering machine at the Salmon River Fine Arts Center at (315) 298-7007. Your inquiry will be answered as soon as possible.
To keep up-to-date on submission and pick-up dates for artwork, and to learn the dates for the opening reception and awards ceremony as well as our Sunday Artists exhibition, please check our website: SalmonRiverFineArtsCenter.com
To access the submission form, click on the link below:
Thank you for your interest; we hope to see your work.